|New books added to catalog|
Check out the brand new books we just added. Psychic Sight and X-Tending by Laura Laforce and other fantastic authors such as Deborah Morrison, Jane Eamon, Cliff Jackman and more!
|Credit Card payment options added|
Manor House books can now be purchased with credit cards and PayPal! Use the 'Add To Cart' option that has been added to most of the books to take advantage of some deep discounts!
|The Law of Attraction now on amazon's Kindle!|
Some of us at Manor House have been researching this new ebook trend and how we can make our vast library available to those enjoying literature in this groundbreaking and futuristic format. We are pleased and excited to announce that The Law of Attraction - Making it Work for You is now available (at a never-before-seen price) on amazon's Kindle!
Simply click the cover and you are seconds away from this transfixing pearl of literature and free to enjoy it anywhere you wish - over and over.
Also be sure to look into NEXUS, another fine Manor House Publishing release by the same inspirational authors Deborah Morrison and Arvind Singh.
|Book Signing: Little Drummer Books in Burlington|
Alyxandra Harvey, author of Briar Rose; and, Susan Crossman, author of Shades of Teale are appearing together at a book-signing event in Burlington ON at Different Drummer Books this Sunday Dec. 18 from 1-3 pm.
|Authors gallery updated!|
If you have yet to, please check out our Authors page. it has been updated to include the names and faces behind our excellent new releases.
|4 New Fantastic books released this week!|
Manor House Publishing is proud to release four brand new titles by some excellent authors!
The son of a Welsh philosophy professor at McMaster University and a Scottish mother, Ian Thomas was born July 23, 1950 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. His brother Dave is an actor, famous for his Second City and Strange Brew movie character, Doug McKenzie.
At age six, Ian was taking piano lessons, and 13 he took up guitar. A year later, he began writing songs. Still in his teens, he arranged music for the Hamilton Philharmonic orchestra. He's also performed with the Hamilton orchestra and the Toronto Symphony orchestra.
By the mid ‘60s, Ian formed a group that became Tranquillity Base and in the late ‘60s he penned the hit single If You're Lookin'.
5 new Manor House books hitting bookstores
Canada.com Book News
- Neil Smith's teen-centric Boo turns the afterworld on its head
The author's long-awaited followup to Bang Crunch is a complex speculation on what might happen after death to a teen...
- Withey: Kate Boorman’s Winterkill a ‘dark horse’ for Alberta Readers’ Choice Awards
To my mind, Winterkill is the proverbial dark horse of this year’s Alberta Readers’ Choice Award finalists....
- ‘True face’ of William Shakespeare revealed in centuries-old botany book, claims historian
In the new issue of ‘Country Life,’ Mark Griffiths claims he’s deciphered coded images in a...
- Joan Thomas tells an age-old story
The Opening Sky By Joan Thomas
- What happens when two opposites collide
We Are All Made of Molecules By Susin Nielsen
- Book challenges orthodoxy of psychiatric practice
Psychiatry Disrupted:Theorizing Resistance and Crafting the (R) evolution Bonnie Burstow, Brenda A LeFrancois, and...
- Shoeless Joe author hits home run
The Essential W. P. Kinsella by W.P. Kinsella
- Delving with Deaver: The mystery writer puts his legal training to very good use
Lawyers and crime fiction, it’s a marriage most convenient. Ask Jeffrey Deaver why it worked for him and he has...
- Dissecting a marriage with rare candour and compassion
The debut novel by Montreal-based writer Mike Steeves is an accomplished, ambitious look at how the pursuit of a dream...
- Withey: Marina Endicott explores the life of Everyman in Close to Hugh
Marina Endicott has had Hugh on her mind for nearly 20 years. The protagonist of her new novel, Close to Hugh, first...
- Top teen fiction authors Susan Juby and Susin Nielsen to appear at Ottawa Public Library
Two of Canada’s most well known young-adult fiction writers will be talking about their new books at a free...
- Sam Maggs wants to show the world nerdy women are people, too
A good portion of The Fangirl's Guide deals with social media, harassment and how to deal with some of the more...
- Ottawa book events this week
Calendar of Ottawa-area literary events for May 2015.
- New voices of fiction: Freehand Books launches debut works from Rhonda Douglas, Sigal Samuel
At first glance, the differences seem to far outweigh the similarities in the two newest releases...
- Colourful stage is set for a girl's butterfly hunt
After a long and dreary winter, a few days of hot weather can have a dramatic effect on a neighbourhood.
- Books: Colin Knight unleashes a killer on Ottawa
The last time I checked in with Colin Knight, a year or so ago, he was working for the federal government in Ottawa, and...
- 1930s Montreal brought back to life in writer's debut novel
“The past is a foreign country,” L.P. Hartley once wrote. “They do things differently there.” If...
- The comic book approach to a Ph.D.
The U of C's Nick Sousanis took a down-to-earth, man-on-the-street approach when it came to spreading what's considered...
- Author finds beauty in a Uzbekistan wasteland
Despite esteemed travel writer Pico Iyer’s claim more than two decades ago that we live in a world that’s...
- Family diversity explored in new children's book
Families come in many shapes and sizes. A kid may be living with a mother and father and one or more siblings, or just a...
We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada through the Canada Book Fund for our publishing activities.
Coping with the American Superpower after 9-11 and other Post-Cold War Dilemmas
“Those who are not with us are with the terrorists.”
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush
“When it comes to free trade, U.S. President George Bush is two-faced, unwilling to exert the type of focused consistent political leadership he has demonstrated in the war against terrorism… If a foreign nation pursued the Janus-faced trade policies coming out of his administration, George W. Bush would yell foul.”
- Avrum D. Lank, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
2002 144 pages